Sorry to post this here, but I’m hoping one of you might know someone looking for an unpaid internship in the tennis world!
I am in search of someone (or maybe even 2 someones), preferably a college student, to help with the planning and execution of #theSol tournaments in 2018. The complete job description is below. If you know anyone who might be interested, please have them contact me. Of course, I will assist with getting them college credit for the internship. Thanks tons!
Non-Profit Tennis Event Internship
Sol Schwartz #SaveCollegeTennis All-In Tournament
|Position Description: Part-time intern to assist in tournament planning and fundraising activities. This is an internship for school credit and an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a collaborative environment. While this is an unpaid position, it may qualify for university credit.
Position Characteristics : Looking for an individual with strong leadership skills, easily self-motivated, highly organized, exhibits pro-active communication, possesses excellent time-management skills, and is ready to work remotely with others willing to share their extensive skills and experience!
Position Responsibilities :
- Creating marketing materials including event flyers, sponsorship proposals, email newsletters.
- Assisting in planning and execution of two tennis tournaments – one in Atlanta and one in Baltimore. Traveling to the events is optional.
- Soliciting sponsorships and in-kind donations from a variety of business types.
- Managing event entries and communication including post-event followup.
- Administrative needs such as mass mailings, updating information as received from volunteers and event contacts, filing and photocopying of materials.
- Public Relations needs such as press releases or media contacts as needed.
- This position will be a minimum of 10 hours/maximum 40 hours per week. This position will require evening and weekend work.
Experience and Skills :
- Fluency with Microsoft Word. Knowledge of Excel, Power Point, & Publisher helpful.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
- Great organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Able to work long hours during events.
- Personable and ability to work with a variety of people.
Benefits include experiences gained with :
- Event Coordination
- Non-profit sector
- Solicitations for donations of services and products
- Logistical Planning
- Computer software and data entry
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Volunteer Management
- Sports management
- Financial/budgetary work
- Expenses covered during all event related travel (i.e. food, housing, mileage reimbursement if applicable)
- Networking with a variety of professionals in non-profits, business, education, sports, etc.