Each year, there seem to be more and more opportunities for high-school-aged tennis players to get in front of college coaches in the form of showcases and combines. If your Junior Player wants to play tennis in college but doesn’t know how to get started with recruiting, these events can be a great tool. That said, like everything in the Junior Tennis Journey, there are multiple pathways available in the College Recruiting Process, and not all of them come at a financial cost, so please keep that in mind as you investigate options for your family!
Please note: The information below was provided by each company after I reached out to them asking for details on their 2020 offerings.
2020 College Showcases & Combines
American College Placement
This summer marks the second annual College Tennis Showcase at SMU. Boys are scheduled for Saturday June 20 and Girls are scheduled for Sunday June 21. New this year is our partnership with UTR. These will be verified UTR match results. We’ll again have college coaches from all over the country and from Divisions I,II, III, NAIA, and JUCO. https://myutr.com/events/17402?_ref=southern297
Collegiate Exposure Camps
- All camps are exclusively taught by current college coaches from Division 1, 2, 3 & NAIA schools
- Unlike a showcase, our camps allow coaches and players to interact and train together!
- Improve your game, get scouted, and understand what it takes to play at the next level!
- Singles and doubles matches recorded and verified with universal tennis (UTR)
- Showcase your game, work ethic and coach-ability
- College-style drills, practices and matchplay
- Learn about the college recruiting process and how it works
- Understand the different levels of college tennis and programs
- Network and build relationships players and college coaches
Donovan Tennis Showcase
20th Annual DTS College Prospects Showcase/New Jersey (formerly Yale)
June 24-26, 2020
Mercer County Park
West Winsdor, NJ
8th Annual DTS College Prospects Showcase/Harvard
July 18-19, 2020
A few other thing people should be aware of:
- The DTS Showcases are the longest running college tennis recruiting showcases in the world.
- All of the DTS Showcases get many more applicants than available slots, with DTS consulting clients getting first priority, and remaining slots allocated based mostly on UTR rating and TRN ranking.
- DTS events attract the most coaches of any showcase, with certain events attracting as many as 100 women’s and 80 men’s coaches from some of the most sought-after academic institutions and tennis programs in the country.
Ed Krass College Tennis Exposure Camp
Brandeis University: Saturday-Sunday, June 27-28
Lehigh University: Sunday-Thursday, July 12-16 & Saturday-Wednesday, July 18-22; Sunday-Wednesday, July 12-22 (10-day program)
Harvard University: Saturday-Sunday, July 25-26
(813) 684-9031 CollegeTennis.com
Coach Ed Krass’ 32nd Annual College Tennis Exposure Camp & Clinics, for ages 14-18, are taught exclusively by head college coaches who will work with you on-court to improve your singles and doubles match play strategies and provide college recruiting advice. Instructional drills and match play competitions will be conducted in the same style and intensity as a college team practice.
There will be four-day residential College Tennis Exposure Camps at Lehigh University Sunday-Thursday, July 12-16 and Saturday-Wednesday, July 18-22, and a 10-day residential camp session Sunday-Wednesday, July 12-22 for players seeking maximum instruction, match play and double exposure to head college coaches. The residential camp at Lehigh University includes air-conditioned dormitory accommodations, healthy cafeteria meals and 24-hour adult supervision. Each camp session features a different instructional staff of head college coaches.
Coach Ed Krass, Founder and Director of College Tennis Exposure Camp & Clinics, has coached varsity tennis teams at Harvard University, Clemson University and the University of Central Florida prior to founding the College Tennis Academy.
For more information, call Coach Krass at (813) 684-9031 or visit CollegeTennis.com.
USTA All-American College Combine presented by adidas
- Registration Site: https://www.myutr.com/events/18209
- Registration Opens: March 6
- Cost: $325 per player
- Eligibility: American juniors with graduation years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Contact: Brian.Ormiston@usta.com
- Event Guide: To be available later this month
- Recruiting Videos: Players can purchase a video package to get their own recruiting video to send to college coaches
- UTR: All doubles and singles matches count toward UTR
- TennisRecruiting: All results will be recorded on TR
- Players can arrive on June 14 or the morning of June 15
- June 14 – Optional day for players interested in doubles
- June 15 – On-court drills with college coaches start at 9 am, welcome reception, fitness testing, education sessions, player party, parents education session
- June 16 – On-court drills with college coaches, singles matches, racquet education
- June 17 – Singles matches, education session TBA
- June 18 – Singles matches, end at approximately 2 pm
USTA Midwest College Showcase
Coaches from colleges and universities across the Midwest will be in attendance to guide you through the recruitment process. There will be opportunities on and off court to learn how you can take the next step in your tennis career. Grants are available.
- Date: June 19, 2020
- Location: Barbara S. Wynne Tennis Center, North Central High School: 1801 E. 86th Street Indianapolis, IN 46240.
- More info & registration: https://www.usta.com/en/home/play/college-tennis/programs/midwest/college-showcase.html
USTA Texas College Showcase
We now have a waiting list so the event is definitely growing. It’s a great opportunity for players and parents to get in front of coaches and learn more about the recruiting process as well as the day-to-day life of a student athlete. We had a panel of coaches from different divisions last year and it was very informative. We plan to add an athlete and maybe a TOC player to the panel this year as well.
- Date: July 25 (girls) and July 26 (boys)
- Location: Waco Regional Tennis Center
- More info & registration: https://www.usta.com/en/home/play/youth-tennis/programs/texas/usta-texas-college-showcase.html