Via release from our friends at Universal Tennis:
Universal Tennis (MyUTR.com) today announced an expansion of its digital content platform with the launch of UTR “Host a Virtual Event” initiative as well as an extended slate of programming for its popular UTR Powered by Oracle All Access Series.
The expanded virtual events initiative gives tennis coaches, organizers and industry insiders the ability to host their own free or paid live webinars, one on one coaching sessions, off the court tennis training sessions and much more on the UTR Platform. They can engage digitally with the tennis community while physical tournaments and events are on hold.
Industry leaders like Todd Martin, former ATP professional and CEO of the International Tennis Hall of Fame; Gigi Fernandez, 17x Grand Slam Doubles Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist; Claudio Pistolesi, former pro player and coach, and Founder of Claudio Pistolesi Enterprises; Timothy Russell, CEO of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association; Jimmy Arias, Director of Player Development with IMG Academy; and many other boldfaced names in the game are hosting free UTR Virtual Events. Tennis coaches and organizers from all areas of the game – high school, college, clubs, academies, etc – can sign up to host their own UTR Virtual Events and be a part of this new engaging hub to share their tennis expertise and stay connected to the global tennis community.
New UTR Virtual Event highlights include:
- April 30th – IMG Academy w/ Jimmy Arias & Miomir Kecmanović: How to Navigate in the Age of COVID-19
- May 4th – Current State of College Tennis & Looking Ahead with Tim Russell, CEO of Intercollegiate Tennis Association
- May 5th – Digging into the Business Side of Tennis with Todd Martin, CEO of International Tennis Hall of Fame, and Anne Worcester, Universal Tennis President
May 7th – Transitions in Tennis with Claudio Pistolesi and Robin Soderling
- May 12 – Doubles: Learn to Cover the Net so you are Never Passed or Lobbed with Gigi Fernandez , Olympic Gold Medalist and 17x Grand Slam Doubles Champion
- May 13th – Junior Player Development with Brian Gottfried and Mal Washington
“Our goal is to continue to provide opportunities for tennis coaches and organizers to showcase their expertise and create engaging content for players as organized in-person events are on hold,” said Mark Leschly, Universal Tennis Chairman & CEO. “The tennis industry is feeling the effects of the global shutdown and we want to offer coaches and organizers opportunities to drive valuable interactions with the broader tennis community and support their programs.”
Universal Tennis will also be expanding its popular UTR Powered by Oracle All Access Series, a live free webinar series hosted by Prakash Amritraj and others, featuring engaging interviews and participant Q&A’s with the greatest players and minds in the game. The series, which launched in April, has been so successful that Universal Tennis is expanding the slate of programming through June and offering Spanish-language content hosted by the former top ATP singles and doubles standout Andre Sa.
UTR All Access Series highlights include:
- Tuesday, May 5 – Rajeev Ram: The 2020 Australian Open doubles champion and Olympic Silver Medalist joins host Prakash Amritraj to dive into what makes a champion and how this top-20 doubles pro stays focused and fit.
- Thursday, May 7 – Shelby Rogers: Host Prakash Amritraj and Shelby Rogers (WTA #113) discuss her tennis journey and what it takes to perform at the highest level.
May 12 – Darren Cahill: Host Prakash Amritraj goes “Inside the Coach’s Box” with the ESPN analyst and former coach of Andre Agassi, Lleyton Hewitt and Simona Halep.
- May 14 – Toni Nadal: Host Andre Sa goes “Inside the Coaches Box” with Toni Nadal. (En Espanol)
- May 19 – Danielle Collins & Mackenzie McDonald: The former college standouts and current pros join host Prakash Amritraj to discuss their transition from college to the pro tour.
- May 21 – Francis Roig & Jordi Vilaro: Host Andre Sa goes “Inside the Coach’s Box” with Rafa Nadal’s coach and the founders of Barcelona Total Tennis Academy. (En Espanol)
- May 28 – Andres Gomez: The former World No. 4 and 1990 French Open champion talks about his tennis journey with host Andre Sa. (En Espanol)
To see the full slate of free UTR Off The Court programming and register for the UTR All Access Series and UTR Virtual Events, please visit MyUTR.com.