Whichever holiday (or holidays, in our case!) you celebrate this winter, I thought I would offer up a few suggestions for some tennis-related gifts for your junior player. If you have more ideas to add to the list, please put them in the Comments box below!
- For the Agassi fan, you can’t do any better than a piece of original jewelry from Nick Zimmer who created the famous Trinity earring and pendant gifted to Andre by Nick Bollettieri and his former wife. The pieces come in gold and silver (or a mixture of the two) and start right around $100. Click here to go to Nick’s website, LoveMyMetal.com.
- Brad Gilbert’s Tennis Nation store has all sorts of tennis equipment and fun accessories, too. One of my favorites is a wireless tennis ball computer mouse – click here to shop online or by phone.
- Looking for stocking stuffers or some smaller items for Chanukah? Holabird Sports has a wide range of items priced $10-and-under, including vibration dampeners, overgrips, lead tape, string stencils (and ink), headbands, sweatbands, and fun novelty items. Of course, Holabird carries pretty much everything the junior (and not-so-junior!) tennis player needs! Click here to shop via the ParentingAces Affiliate link.
- A gift certificate for a week of tennis camp at one of the big academies or a university is a great gift. Do a Google search for Junior Tennis Camps, and you’ll find lots of options.
- For the Sweets Lover on your list, Sugarpova, Maria Sharapova’s new line of candies, offers up some very fun options like tennis ball-shaped gumballs and gummy shoes and purses.
- AreYouSure.net has an awesome sweatshirt blanket that is the perfect thing for your junior to snuggle up in while watching his/her favorite pros play the Aussie Open this January!
- Does your young player have trouble remembering the score? The Tennis Tab Score Keeper may be the perfect holiday gift.
- For the player who has everything, tickets to a college dual match is an awesome gift. Google your local university’s tennis team and print out their Spring 2013 schedule. If your child has never attended a college tennis match, he/she’s in for a real treat!
- Lacoste carries a whole range of tennis-themed watches priced from $95-$395 on its website – click here to choose one for your junior player.
- New driver in the family? How about a cool tennis-themed license plate frame? CafePress.com carries a few different ones in the $15 range that will appeal to both boys and girls.
- Don’t have the Tennis Channel at your house? Adding it to your cable or satellite service will provide hours and hours and hours of tennis entertainment – take it from one who knows!
- For the readers on your list, click on my Reading Material link for all sorts of great book suggestions.
- And, to wrap it all up – literally! – click here for some fun tennis-themed wrapping paper.