PlaySight, the company behind the video and analytics SmartCourt, is partnering with the University of Georgia to provide livestreaming throughout the upcoming 2017 NCAA Championships.
PlaySight SmartCourt technology is powering over 40 NCAA tennis programs. Among the 16 teams entering the third round of the tennis championships later this week in Athens, 10 on the women’s side and eight on the men’s side use PlaySight technology for video and analytics training, performance and livestreaming.
To tune in to the livestreaming throughout the 2017 NCAA Championships, bookmark this page for the live video and live scoring.
PlaySight technology is helping to shine the spotlight back on college tennis after years of losing out to other sports. The sport is full of great stories, coaches and athletes, and together with the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, PlaySight is giving the very best sports technology to players and coaches across the country.
Coach Manny Diaz and the University of Georgia Bulldogs were the first NCAA tennis program to invest in PlaySight technology almost four years ago – so it is fitting that one of the finest facilities in the nation is now wired from top to bottom with PlaySight video and streaming technology.
Several schools across the nation – from USC in Los Angeles to Oklahoma State in Stillwater – credit PlaySight technology with improving various aspects of their programs, from training to fan and alumni engagement. Check out what the coaches from the Oklahoma State Cowboys and Cowgirls had to say about PlaySight after the 2016 season (click here to read).
More PlaySight fast facts:
- 12/25 men’s top 25 ITA-ranked programs use PlaySight
- 13/25 women’s top 25 ITA-ranked programs use PlaySight
- Vanderbilt University is the latest school to add PlaySight
- PlaySight is now working with tennis programs across Divisions 1, 2 and 3
- PlaySight has added two new SmartCourt products – the Live and Play – to provide a more affordable price point for all tennis programs
- PlaySight successfully launched the PlayFair initiative this year along with the ITA, bringing video replay and challenge technology to college tennis – with plans to scale up for the future
To check out which schools are working with PlaySight, or to find out more about their three SmartCourt products, click here.
To watch PlaySight livestreaming from the University of Georgia throughout the 2017 NCAA Championships, tune in here.
Note from Lisa: I will be in Athens covering the 2017 NCAA Division I Championships beginning this Thursday. If you plan on being there, too, please find me and say hello!