Below is a link to the information that each USTA section has posted regarding the 2014 junior competition calendar. Those sections that haven’t posted information online yet are indicated below – I will update this article as I receive information, so please be sure to check back over the next few weeks. If you have thoughts or analysis to share, please post them in the Comments. Thank you!
National: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2014_National_Junior_Tournament_Schedule.pdf (see below for an additional explanation)
- Caribbean: Not yet available
- Middle States: Not yet available
- New England: Not yet available
- Pacific Northwest: Not yet available
- SoCal: Not yet available
- Southern: http://www.southern.usta.com/Juniors/tournaments_rankings/faqs/ (NOTE: This link was updated 11/4/2013 – see below for an explanation)
- Southwest: Not yet available
- Texas: Not yet available
A couple of comments regarding the changes in the Southern section, the January Southern Level 1 (National Level 3) tournament will start on Saturday and run through Tuesday (most players will have Monday off school for Martin Luther King Day). The reason for the expanded draw size is to allow for more players to earn National ranking points.
Also, regarding selection for the National events, each section will have a quota for the 3 National Championships, 2 Closed Regionals, and Zonals.