As we all wait out this life-altering outbreak, I thought I would create a one-stop-shop for all the training at home resources I’m finding online and elsewhere. I will be constantly adding information as it becomes available.
If you have anything to add to the list below, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and stay well!
As a physician heavily involved in the tennis world in an effort to help educate about risks of COVID19 and tennis and leaving information for individuals information on lower risk tennis activities, I believe with the rapid evolution of this pandemic, it’s best to have a simple, unified message to stay at home environments with family to allow healthcare workers to manage the upcoming surge as well as slow the virus. I’m sorry if there were any messages stating otherwise and I wish for everyone to be safe and healthy and one day return to tennis in the right way!Dr. Neeru Jayanthi, Society of Tennis Medicine & Science, Emory Healthcare
- My Letter to You During COVID-19
- USTA Player Development Tennis At Home Webinars
- USTA’s Announcement on Tournament Refunds
- Western Australia Tennis Shutdown in Response to COVID-19
- USTA Net Generation Tennis At Home Activities
- International Tennis Federation (ITF) Academy Free Coaching Resources
- Tennis At Home Resource
- Tennis Takeaways with Lisa & Duey – COVID-19 Episode 1
- Tennis Takeaways with Lisa & Duey – COVID-19 Episode 2
- USTA College Recruiting Info
- At-Home Workouts with Dean Hollingworth
- Coach Todd Widom Instructional Videos for training at home
- Virtual tennis health & wellness session with Kayla Epperson, PT – email Kayla at email@example.com for more information
- Coach Marc Lucero Twitter videos:
- Coach Peter Scales’s COVID-19 training tips
- Tips & Resources for Athletes at Home by Sports Psych Josh Burger
- Coach Joe Dinoffer’s instructional video clips (as seen on Tennis Channel!)
- Tennis Entertainment Options (books, movies, games, etc.)
- UTR All-Access Series with Tennis Professionals
- Coach Steve Smith & Coach Andy Fitzell Home Tennis Study: In these unusual times, people are forced to stay home. As a result, tennis teachers and tennis teaching organizations are sharing thoughts on practicing at home. We have been emphasizing the importance of – Home Practice – for decades. Attached is a film covering off-court drills to improve one’s technical base. The content of our work is based on the work of the following tennis educators: Vic Braden, Welby Van Horn, Dennis Van der Meer, Peter Burwash, James Loehr, Harry Hopman, Jim Verdieck and Bill Jacobsen. The boy showing the drills is Victor Lilov. We document development and in our library, we have film of Victor’s progression from the age of 8 to 13. The off-court drills will help players win. In the beginning stages of his junior career, Victor won singles titles at US nationals, the Orange Bowl and the Les Petits As. Thanks for sharing. The drills are boring, but winning is not.