Posts tagged Colette Lewis
The link above is to the handout given to attendees at yesterday’s “listening” meeting at the ITA Coaches Convention in Naples, Florida. The pages are reversed – my apologies for not being able to figure out how to edit them in Adobe – so be sure to scroll to Page 2 for the details. NOTE: Lew Brewer just emailed me a cleaner version of the handout which I’ve linked to above.
The meeting was led by outgoing USTA president, Jon Vegosen, and incoming USTA staff liaison to the Junior Competition Committee, Bill Mountford. Lew Brewer was also in attendance. For more information on the meeting, please see today’s ZooTennis post by clicking here – Colette was there and gives a very thorough analysis.
One thing I More >
This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a USTA College Information Session for high school players and their parents held during the NCAA Championships in Athens, Georgia.
The panel, led by USTA’s Senior Manager of Junior and Collegiate Competition, Erica Perkins Jasper, included the following heavy-hitters from the tennis world:
- Bobby Bayliss – Head Men’s Coach at Notre Dame University
- Christine Bader – Head Women’s Coach at Ball State University
- Maria Cercone – junior coach in Florida whose daughter plays #3 doubles and #5 singles for the University of Florida
- Rick Davison – Director of Competition at USTA Georgia
- Steve Johnson, Sr. – Father of top-ranked D1 player, Steve Johnson, of USC and top junior coach in Southern More >